Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Just Being Me

 

- by Zany

I miss the quiet,

The fresh air,

The still, clear, water

The sunrise so pure.

I miss the sunset, so serene

As it glides behind the plain.

 

I miss my inner peace

Both inside and out,

On my balcony, my street,

By the river, I feel the drought.

 

No libraries or books,

No siestas or naps,

No hugs, no kisses,

No rests, no respites…

 

I have forgotten to relax

I said, and I have forgotten more

I don’t know what hobbies are

What is a game, who keeps the score

 

Constantly…

Running, flipping, and fuming

No time for love, life or laughter.

What did I eat, did I even drink?

When did I sleep, was it even deep?

 

I don’t remember being…

Seeing, feeling, dreaming or screaming.

 

Feels like I have woken up

As if from a deep slumber

like a lazy cat or just a piece of lumber

 

I cried all night

And I stared all day

I mourned the loss of me today.

Amongst the screen, the laptop and the sheen

Just like that I felt quite clean

 

Now I shall stay

I shall be

I shall close my eyes, feel, and just lay

With chirping birds

rivers and lakes

The rustling leaves

The creeks, and the trees.

 

I shall be grateful for this day

When I can see, I can hear,

I can touch and I can smear.

 

I can feel…

The raindrops heal

All the tears that is yet to peal.

It will cleanse my heart,

And clear my mind,

So I can open my arms

To share my charms

To those lovely hearts

Scattered about – some near, some quite afar.

No comments: