Tuesday, March 07, 2006

excuse me?

"So, howz office" he asks me...
"ya, so so", i say.
"Enjoying?" he questions in a monotone
"Hmmm... ", I brood, which he takes a yes.

So, after much thought I left the book "A way in the world", quater way through. It was good. But, I had to take too many pauses, which disturbed its flow. I have started a new one by the same author - "A house for Mr. Biswas" and at the same time, out of curiosity I brought home "The Great Gatsby" and am flipping through it. So my reading is at a snail's speed these days - one page a day - that too if i have any energy left at the end of the day.

So, Shristy is the same old Shristy. She gives me the same smile she had three years ago, with the same twinkle in her eyes. And we are comfortable working with each other. It's like, thank god she's there and work's fun. I sure couldn't have handled one more stranger to de-strangify.

No comments: