Monday, July 01, 2013

List of books to read

I have a list of books to read in my mind. They are matter of factly stacked up here and there. Few are autobiographies - Einstein by Isaacson, i remember that one - due from last year. Then i have a series on Nepal that i missed earlier - books by Harka Gurung and Manjushree Thapa, and the history of the country.

I have lists that include novels recommended and gifted by brother and friends.

I have my own collection that i buy out of interest or out of someone's must read list.

And i think the library has a good collection, which i bring and return without sometimes even turning the page. The guilt is there of course.

Online journals, articles, interviews - is what takes up the time that we had not factored into our "reading time". Once you put the mind to it even twitter, facebook and surfing seems as much intellectual as pondering upon a few pages of philosophy.

Read at night, before going to bed has been the trend. 

No comments: