Thursday, June 21, 2007

Spools of thought

There are times when you feel that the whole world is against you. We feel conscious of how we dress, what we wear, what we speak and how we behave in front of and with others. And there are times when you are in the mood to damn care of the world that surround you - oblivious of it, you do what you like. These are the times when you feel a breeze of freedom to taste what your palate likes and to be amongst people that you love. Lots of thing brings this second stage of mind at play. Being in love, reading some spiritual writings, reading philosophy, having a level of consciousness from all these things and of course a little thought - common sense.

However, there is one thing that binds us to the first fear of being conscious of the world at large. It is the bonding that we have in this world by way of association to various people and the liking and the loving we have for each other. I need this job, thus, I need to dress correctly, speak correctly and smile correctly, coz if I don't then I could lose this job which would mean I will not be able to give my loved one what I promised. Now, if the love, like or the attachments hadn't been there at the first place, all the other further attachments brought from it would have been spared.

This brings me to another spool of thought. If we like each other, why is there a necessary element of expectation? He loves me, thus he will do this for me, he will buy me this, he will say this or wear this or see this or be this. If we all love, like or have acquaintances without any expectation, without any ifs and buts, I believe my first two paragraphs would stand in vain. If we are all able to love and like each other without any expectations, without the obligations and the feeling of being bound to a relationship, the meaning of everything else would change I guess.

Relationships, love, liking for each other - should be capable of setting you free, and not binding you. Expectations are one strong reason that gives the feeling of burden to a relationship. Possessiveness is another factor, I think. It makes a relationship strenuous. A father being possessive of a daughter, a girlfriend of a boyfriend, a sister of her brother, a master of its pet, is a hindrance to feeling free and loving in its pure sense.

No comments: