Friday, June 29, 2007

We went to Kris' place. We took a cab through the thick stubborn traffic. It took us about half an hour. The surrounding mountains were getting closer and closer. Shris said, now we walk. So, we started walking towards the mountains. Nagarjuna was right atop us, but she would not say we have reached Kris' new house, we just kept on walking towards the mountains. I kidded – don’t tell me we need to go behind those mountains.

After a long long walk passing all the houses and the enquiring faces along the path, she says…I think we are on the right track. We still kept on walking and after another 10 mins she says…the tracks and the surrounding are changed, but I think we are on the right track because there is not other road near here. So, we kept on walking until we bumped our heads to the mountain, and we reached Kris’ new home.

Was I surprised when I went on her terrace!
If I stretched my hand… I could have touched the green mountains... It’s a half hour trek to Ichangu Gumba, Kris said behind me. I could see three layers of mountain…and the almost full Moon just above the Swayumbhu’s Danda. Gorgeous place to be boss…just behind, you could rest on the mountains to see the Ktm valley rolled out in front of you.

In the same city, yet far away, it was a separate world to be in. I am definitely making a second trip to Kris place!

No comments: