Sunday, July 01, 2007

Pink 32

When you tread too deep, it hurts.
My life as a shoe...no one empathises...
when i stare out of the window shop, when i shine and smile, a little girl winks at me and smiles at my pink skin.

Ma.....pink!!
she says - very cutely...
Ma...pinky..pinky ...i want pinky shoes.
The Ma looks hefty, deadly.
If the Ma would slip me in, i'd be dead to dust.

But she is not that kind of Ma.
She let the little girl slip me in and her feather like little feet were so cute.
But she was in that growing up age when her feet would get bigger with her, so she would have to get a bigger me even though i was the best match. I acted as big as possible, swear to God, but she would just fit me. Not a millimeter of space, just fitted me so well...

Thurty-for.. The Ma said .... 34! i shrank. And i went to my cozy lil space on the window stand waving bye to all the shoes in the boxes with their big fat numbers on them....
38! 39! 40! ....fat assess! and such dull colors...grey, blacks and whites....
I was the prettiest of them ... pink with a white bow. White bow. Hmm...cute.

As i sat brooding on my usual stand, i saw the 34 swinging with the little girl... pinky, she said, so sweetly. My days are passing by, i wink once in a while to little girls to catch their attention, oh, why does the feet get bigger with age!

1 comment:

Basanta said...

Nice one! Really enjoyed it!!
You say somewhere above that you are not a good writer. But this posting has proved you wrong!