Saturday, December 10, 2005

blue moon

Because of you
I forgot the smart ways to lie
Because of you
I'm running out of reasons to cry
- Shakira (Underneath your clothes)

How does it feel to be romantic?
Is it stupid? No, it isn't. It's healthy I suppose.
Is it tiring? I find it tiring. It draws out the energy.
How would Howard Roark react?
How would Raskolnikov feel romantic?
How about Yossarian?
Where and how do people find those words - all mushy - when they are romantic?
Is it just Hindi movies, Hollywood, love songs that fuel the romantic conversations that people have? What chances does a laymen have to be originally romantic without borrowing one of the dialogues or a song lyric?

"I once had a sweetheart, but now i have none. He's gone and he's left me to weep and to moan. He's gone and he's left me, but contented I'll be, for I'll get another one, better than he!"

My eyes fell on these words as the book slowly slipped off from my brother's hands as he went into a slumber . The cover read Alice Munro - The Progress of Love. The words are referred to as some song the mother sang to she and Beryl. Page 9.

No comments: